Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Susie Caplowe at 3/28 Exec Meeting

Folks,
Susie Caplowe, a lobbyist for Sierra Club and Florida Consumer Action Network, will be coming to the next executive board meeting (next Monday, 3/28, 6 PM at FDP) to talk to the group about how we can help out during the session. I will be out of town, as usually happens when there's something going on that I want to attend, but I hope you'll show up and make her feel welcome and energized about the help that the LCYDs can provide.

1 Comment:

Thure said...

I'm sorry that I had to miss Ms. Caplowe's presentation because I was recovering from knee surgery. From other officers I have heard that Ms. Caplowe is interested in working with the LCYD's on many state wide projects. I care a great deal about informed stewardship of our environment and I actively support the environmental movement. However, I feel the LEON COUNTY Young Democrats time is best spent working on local issues, not attempting to pettition, convert, or protest elsewhere in Florida.

There are many important environmental issues being dealt with in our area right now, issues that most of our community is oblivious too. If you are interested in other regions' local issues, I'm sure there are state wide organizations active in Tallahassee that would welcome new members. If the LCYD's want to get active in environmental issues, I feel it would be more appropriate if we worked on issues right in our own backyard first. I would love to see us choose to get involved with local environmental issues - there's a lot we can be doing here.