Friday, April 25, 2008

WES MCCARVILLE ENTERS RACE FOR HOUSE DISTRICT 29



Wes McCarville, former President of the Brevard County Young Democrats, who, under his leadership, were very successful in electing Rep. Sasso this past spring, announced on April 2, 2008 that he will run for the Florida House of Representatives, District 29. Here is the text of his announcement:

"After much thought and consideration, I am pleased to announce that I am entering the race as the Democratic candidate for the Florida House of Representatives, District 29. I believe the voters of the 29th District are ready for a leader who can represent their real interests. I will promote a vision of the future that will return economic prosperity to our region that includes public input, accountability and provides economic growth that is sustainable to meet the needs of our citizens. The present legislature in Tallahassee has not effectively dealt with the economic downturn that has affected all of our citizens. I will work to break through this status quo to bring about real change.

I propose an open government, accountable and responsible to the people,that actively promotes our strengths. We all know that our District has much potential for economic opportunity as evidenced by the growth we have experienced in the past. I will pursue policies that encourage economic growth by embracing our unique resources such as a well-educated workforce and newly developed business and retail complexes.

As your representative, I will aggressively promote America's space program and maintain its reputation for innovation and excellence. I will work to attract additional private space ventures to the space coast. I will support policy to protect our region's delicate ecosystem which is so important to our residents and serves to bolster our region's thriving tourism industry.

Now more than ever, due to reduced revenues, we need an efficient, effective government that stretches every tax dollar to benefit our citizens. I will work to cut the fat from the budget while maintaining the services of importance to all Floridians. I am not beholden to special interests groups that have influenced some of our politicians to act in ways not responsive to our citizens. I have entered this race to bring a voice back to the people of our District.

Our citizens have long been ready for change, but they have not been provided with a real choice. I now offer voters that real choice."

The Wes McCarville Campaign has a website for more information or to make a contribution. The campaign website is www.investinwes.com.

0 Comments: