Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Next Tuesday: Union Leaders Forum

Too many LCYD members, including myself, don't fully understand the importance of the Labor Movement. I have a couple talking points, but would like to better justify the importance when I am talking with friends. I have members that question why buying union made is important. There are also members who question if the Labor Movement is still needed. I am hoping that this hour presentation can better educate us on the issues, so that we can better educate others.

Please join us for our Modern Union Leaders' Forum this Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 7PM at the Florida Education Association (FEA) Building (213 South Adams Street ~ Across the street from Andrew's Downtown). We have a impressive panel featuring speakers who are leaders in the labor movement and the state Democratic Party.

Featured Speakers Include:

Cynthia Hall, President of Florida AFL-CIO
Luis Navarro, Executive Director of the Florida Democratic Party and former national political director of SEIU.
Eric Riley, with Florida Education Association

Other Labor Leaders have been invited and may join our line up that evening. LCYD forums are opened to the public. There will be light snacks and drinks available at the forum. I hope you can join us for what promises to be an interesting and fun evening.

Updates will be posted over the next week.

1 Comment:

Thure said...

Thanks to all of you who came out to the forum last night. It went really well, largly due to the efforts of LCYD President Alan Brock. Alan did an amazing job assembling the impressive panel.

I know I got a lot out of last nights forum, and I hope others did as well.