Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Congratulations to Thure Caire

It is with great pride that I share with you news regarding the Leon County Young Democrats Vice President Thure Caire. Today Thure Caire was officially appointed to the Ochlockonee River Soil And Water Conservation District, filling the position vacated by the resignation of Green Party member Kim O'Connor. Thure is now the youngest person in an elected countywide office in Leon County.

Kim O'Connor has done a great job of representing the people of Leon County and I am sure that she will continue advocating on our behalf. I know of no one who is better suited to serve in her stead then Thure - I am sure that he will take this position seriously and excel.

Part of the role of the Leon County Young Democrats is to help train tomorrow's leaders. This is the first step for what I believe will be a promising future for Thure Caire. This is also exciting for the LCDEC as this seat is once again held by a Democrat, bringing us closer to our eventual goal of returning every seat in Leon County back to the Democratic aisle.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Thure from the St. Lucie County Young Democrats! It's great to see our leaders succeed.

Thure said...

Thank you all very much! I am excited for the chance to serve on the Ocklockonee River Soil and Water Conversation District. This honor will allow me to serve our community and protect our valuable environmental resources. I also look forward to working closer with the Leon County Democratic Executive Committee and helping with the many advances they are making everyday.

I will work hard to continue showing the trust and confidence of those supporting me is warranted. Until my plans to attend Medical School are finalized, I look forward to making the most of this opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Thure! I know you're going to do a great job.

Anonymous said...

This is great news for Young Deomcrats! Good job. ; )


Joseph Alfonso,
Executive Vice President of the
St. Lucie County, Florida Young Democrats