Friday, October 07, 2005

My Affinity for Live Oak

I wanted to make sure that everyone is aware of the potential for a quasi local person to qualify to run for the President of the United States. It is slightly distressing that he has chosen to run a Whig, but although the Democratic Party is a Giant tent, it is not for everyone.

Pate in 2008

Michael Pate, of Live Oak, Florida, has declared his intentions of running on the Whig Ticket for President of the great U.S. of A. His Bio page clearly states why, and I quote the content in full detail:

A little about me...
I meet all three Constitutional requirements for President:
I am over 35 years old
I was born in the United States
I have lived in the United States for over 14 years

Check out the link in the title bar for more information!

2 Comments:

Thure said...

Do we have any evidence this is actually serious? I mean, look at his campaign song http://pate2008.bravehost.com/campaign_song.html

Anonymous said...

Actually I think all you have to do is read some of his policy positions to realize he is not too serious.

From his Website:
"In keeping with my administration's philosophy of solving two problems (or more) at the same time, I will reform the current tax system by giving people more options when it comes to contributing to the treasury. For example, instead of just sending dollars, they could choose to send sponges instead. Then, the next time a hurricane comes along, we will have lots of sponges ready for the cleanup.

If we act quickly enough, we may even be able to stop the hurricane from reaching land in the first place, through carefully-timed placement of billions of sponges out in the ocean.

I call this proposal the SOFA Program. (Sponges Operating For America)"

Funny and unorthodox thinking but I don't think he is seriously running.