Thursday, August 04, 2005

Local Democratic Leader Reaches Out to the LCYDs

Commissioner Cliff Thaell, who has been extremely supportive of the LCYD's over the last few years, addressed this letter to the Leon County Young Democrats:

I want you to be among the first to know that I have filed for reelection to the At Large seat I hold on the County Commission. I am running for my 4th term and am very energized about our campaign and passionate about the issues we still face in our community.

I need you to help me get re-elected. The republicans (led by Commissioners Grippa and Depuy are doing everything they can to get Republican Robin Safley - a Jeb associate and local media person on the Gary Yordon Show - to mount a strong campaign against me.

I am going to show Robin, and the rest of the conservatives that I can mount a strong grassroots campaign. I am working to get a couple of thousand Leon County residents to give the Cliff Thaell Campaign donations of $10, $15, $20 or even $25 within the next couple of months. Will you help me by first sending your own check to the campaign? Then I need you to send a personal email to your network of friends who support progressive politics. Help me continue to serve as the At Large County Commissioner who has demonstrated a fighting spirit for democratic principles for over a decadeÂ…. health care for poor people, affordable housing, rational transportation policies, protection of precious land and water resources, and sensible fiscal management.

My campaign account opened on July 1st. The Quarter ends on September 30th. I will file my first financial report on October 10th. I need you to reach out to the many people in your network who want to see a better future for Leon County. IÂ’m still in there fighting. I need you in my corner!

Checks can be made out to:
The Cliff Thaell Campaign
Post office Box 87
Tallahassee, Florida 32302

Thanks for everything!

Cliff

1 Comment:

Thure said...

Although I missed the part of the original letter that was addressed to the LCYD's, I am encouraged that finally some of our local leaders are gearing up for the 2006 election.

Commissioner Thaell has been a stalwart representative of the community's interests, and consequently has been opposed by Commissioners Grippa and Depuy. Cliff is an asset to the people of our county and I hope we will all fervently support him in the upcoming election.