Friday, April 01, 2005

Public Radio Pledge Drive

The Leon County Young Democrats will be on the air Monday, April 4 from 2:00-4:00 pm for WFSU's (88.9 FM) semi-annual pledge drive. Anyone interested in helping out with the phones during that time, please contact me at cwfetrow@yahoo.com.

We are also trying to get a group of Young Democrats/College Democrats to man the phones on one of the last days of the pledge drive when it's needed the most. The station informed me that on the final 3 days of the drive (April 7, 8, and 9), they need to hire temps to cover the phones adequately. Every volunteer we can provide is money that WFSU saves on paying these temps. Essentially, this would be our donation to public radio. The more volunteers, the bigger the donation. If you are interested in helping out, please post a comment to this message or e-mail me directly.

I will be deciding on the best day(s) to volunteer as a group based on the response I receive. We will make the final decision at our next meeting: Monday, April 4 from 7:00-8:00 pm at the FDP headquarters downtown.

Public radio provides a valuable service to our local community and country. WFSU is by far the best public radio station in Florida, partly due to the contributions it receives in money and time from Leon County residents. Without these donations, public radio could not survive. If you enjoy public radio on a regular basis (like me), but you're unable to contribute monetarily, this is the perfect opportunity to contribute your time to a worthy cause.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Chad~

Just let me know what time you choose, and I proably will be able to go... My work schedule is pretty flexiable for Democratic Party related activities.